School Age Services Program
Pivot Point’s School Age Services Program provides 1-1, small group, and peer group services for children, youth, and their families. All services employ a blend of evidence-based therapeutic approaches and Positive Behaviour Support, along with enthusiasm, play, and well designed environments so that children and youth with Diverse Abilities can learn the skills necessary to thrive and shine at school, at home, and in their community.
We believe that the journey between childhood and adulthood is vitally important to creating a strong foundation for a successful life. Arguably, these pivotal 13 years from 6 to 19 will shape the 50 years that follow more than anything else in an individual’s life! As such, we are driven to ensure that each hour of every session is devoted to creating meaningful experiences, essential learning, and quality relationships… to last a lifetime.
Pivot Point’s unique service delivery model provides the best of both worlds: Individualized therapy plans based on thorough assessments, AND a range of intensive 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, and group based interventions that optimize peer learning and generalization. All plans include a Behaviour Consultant, as well as the flexibility to integrate various therapy intensities into the same year, based on child and family need.
This Program Is For
Children between age 6 and 19. Most of our clients in this program have a diagnosis of ASD, some other DD, or behavioural and/or mental health conditions.
Length of Program:
Length of service is determined by service type and the INTENSITY of services needed to produce the most gains.
1-1 Services: Most children receive two sessions each week to reach their goals of learning specific skills.
2-1 Group Services*: Most children receive two sessions each week in matched pairs to develop strong learning based friendships.
3-1 Group Services*: Most children receive two sessions each week in matched pods that expand their circle of friends and maximize learning.
- Parents must be able to commit government Autism Funding and/or personal funds to pay for services.
- Parent & family participation is required, but will depend on ability.
- *For 2-1 and 3-1 Group Services parents must commit to a “Season”: Fall (S-D), Winter (J-M), Spring (A-J), Summer (J-A).
- Autism Funding of BC
- Private Funding
- At-Home Funding
- Complete our Request a Meeting form and let us schedule a free 1-hour meeting to see if we’re a good fit!
- Our Regional Managers can usually meet within 1 week of your request.
- Once you decide to start, intake assessments and Behaviour Consultation typically begin within a week or two, with your care team being assigned at that same time… regular sessions can be up and running within 2 to 4 weeks of your start.
- *2-1 and 3-1 Group Services (such as Community Success & Social Success) may take longer to set up a good peer/pod match.
Primary Services in this program are:
- My Success! (Therapeutic 1-1): (PDF)
- Community Success! (2-1): (PDF)
- H.A.N.G. (Helping Adolescents Network & Grow): (PDF)
|School Age Program Video|