Teen Transition Planning Program
Pivot Point provides an effective and coordinated transition experience for youth with special needs and their families, as they transition into adulthood and establish the foundations of a successful and meaningful life as a maturing individual. This includes a multi-layered system that involves family members, friends, school staff, and other supporters to help create a winning team! We start with a PATH as a Person Centred Planning approach, then provide the leadership, regular meetings, and support to take all the steps necessary to reach success.
This Program Is For
Any teen age 13 or older (either neurotypical or with Alternate Abilities) who is seeking guidance to help ensure a more successful journey towards adulthood.
Length of Program:
As a basic itinerary for the upcoming 5 to 10 year journey, the PATH can be laid out in approximately 5 hours. However, guiding, navigating, and problem solving along that journey (Transition Coordination) can be hundreds of hours carefully invested over a decade to seek the right solutions, enlist the right professionals and experts for support, involve family and friends, and inspire the team to dream big!
- Parents must be able to commit government Autism Funding or personal funds, or both to pay for services.
- Parent & family participation is required to shape, and then pursue, the dreams for the individual and family.
- Autism Funding of BC
- Private Funding
- At-Home Funding
- CLBC Funding
- Complete our Request a Meeting form and let us schedule a free 1-hour meeting to see if we’re a good fit!
- We can usually meet within 1 week of your request.
- Parent Orientations occur in most communities every few months.
- PATH’s may take 2 to 4 weeks to schedule and set up, but are accomplished within one afternoon or evening once the circle of family, friends, and professionals has been created.
- Transition Coordination may begin immediately as part of the PATH set-up, so that meetings, community discovery, and action taking happens as soon as you say, “Let’s Start!”