ABA Behaviour Interventionist / Child Care Worker
We’re currently hiring in the following Regions:
Do you love working with children and adults with special needs?
Does your heart soar when you help someone achieve a goal?
Are you a passionate helper?
Then we are looking for YOU!
Pivot Point specializes in intensive therapeutic interventions for a variety of children, teens and adults with Special Needs, regardless of their age or diagnosis. We focus on implementing individualized behaviour intervention plans to enhance their success at home, school and in the community.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team while independently implementing one-to-one behaviour programs with clients.
You will be trained in ABA Behaviour Intervention and will be shown how to implement the client-specific behaviour program. You will then work individually with clients in their homes to help them achieve the stated goals. You will be accountable to your clients and to your multi-disciplinary team.
Benefits to You
This is a great starting opportunity for anyone wanting to pursue a career in ABA Therapy, Behavioural Consulting, Occupational Therapy or any related field. We initially provide specific ABA Behaviour Interventionist training and continue with professional development through regular clinical meetings.
This is a part-time, self-scheduled position that starts slow and provides ample opportunity to grow within the organization.
Rate of pay ranges from $15 – $18 / hour depending on experience and education
Preference will be given to those who have either experience with a previous ABA program and /or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
We are looking for candidates with:
– at least 6 months experience working with special needs populations
– post secondary education in a related area of study
e.g. Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education Assistant or Community Support Worker
– basic computer skills
– comfort with computers and data-taking is required
– daily access to internet is required
– the willingness to learn and grow
– languages an asset
You MUST be able to provide the following:
– proof that you are over 19 years old
– willingness to complete a Criminal Record Check
– willingness to obtain Emergency First Aid
– have a reliable vehicle
– have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record (Driver’s Abstract will be required)
– “Business Use” car insurance will be required
Please send your resume and a cover letter stating:
– your relevant experience
– your relevant education
– your relevant computer skills
– confirmation that you have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
– your work availability (days & times)