Effective Emotional Coping for Parents of Difficult Children
8 weeks, for parents and caregivers of children with all types of challenges
This INTERACTIVE workshop is ideal nearly all parents, but particularly for those who find themselves highly stressed and struggling to cope with the demands of raising their child or children. The 8-week workshop starts by building a safe environment in which parents can start to explore the source of their frustrations and struggles. Then the workshop explores many topics aimed at raising awareness while enhancing effective coping.
- Understanding clinical conditions (why your child is doing what he/she is doing)
- Understanding parent reactions to behaviours
- Effective coping strategies to keep you sane
- Exploring how our past creates our present experience
- Creating new visions for your family’s future
- Building resiliency
- Overview of effective parenting strategies
This group runs with a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 parents, and meets from 7 till 8:30 for eight consecutive weeks.
Exclusion criteria include parents struggling with significant drug or alcohol addiction, or those who are not capable of attending to discussions or to other parent’s experiences in a group setting. Some parents will find this course an excellent prerequisite to our course on Effective Parenting of Difficult Children.
Cost: $400 per person ($700 per parenting couple)