COVID-19: Mandates Drop, March/April 2022
March 11, 2022
Hello Pivot Point family!
I am sure you all heard about the recent announcement from Dr Henry: Mandates are dropping!
Please review the new guidelines and effective dates and times below as outlined by Worksafe BC:
On March 11, 2022, at 12:01 am:
- • Masks are no longer required in public indoor settings under a public health order.
- • Masks are encouraged on public transit and BC Ferries, but not required
- • Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises
- • Masks are still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- • No restrictions on worship service capacity
- • Overnight camps for children and youth allowed
On March 18, 2022, at 12:01 am:
- • No visitor limits at long-term care and seniors’ assisted living facilities.
- • When K to 12 schools return from spring break, masks will no longer be required for students, staff, and visitors.
On April 8, 2022, at 12:01 am:
- • Proof of vaccination will no longer be required to access businesses, events, and services
- • Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry
- • Proof of vaccination is still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- • Businesses will no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance.
- • Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for post-secondary student housing
Pivot Point will follow the directions as stated above and as outlined in our Communicable Disease Policy. That means that starting March 11 masks are not mandatory when in community or client homes. Keeping staff and persons served safe continues to be our highest priority. As such we encourage everyone to continue good hand hygiene, and to continue to wear masks when working with individuals with compromised immune systems, and when others are showing signs of being unwell.
Community Classroom staff and students are asked to continue to wear masks until Spring Break.
As we move out of the pandemic, I hope we can continue to focus on safety and on respecting individual choices, opinions and comfort levels as we all learn how to thrive together in the new world ahead of us.
Stay Safe and Healthy
Pivot Point Directors