One-to-One Daily Services
Many children need individual attention and support to help them learn, grow, and be at their best. Our staff of experienced service providers gets to know your child and family, works with parents and professionals to tailor a therapeutic plan, and then consistently works towards those shared goals… in your home or at one of our clinics. Create a clear path towards your child’s future success, and then maximize your child’s progress through our highly focused 1-1 supports.
Pivot Point is committed to delivering high-quality, high-outcome 1-1 therapeutic intervention services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and their families. Our aim is to create the most effective and efficient system possible, so that children make the most progress possible with the resources available. This means that, unlike many other “recreation-based” programs, our services and staff are keenly focused on teaching valuable life skills and producing noticeable progress in the lives of the clients we serve… all within a service delivery model that “does more for less”.
Through our large team of professionals and paraprofessionals, Pivot Point has extensive expertise working with children with Autism, as well as the many ASD related disorders. In addition to this focus on Autism, our service providers are specialists in providing a child-centered, family-oriented mix of evidence based therapies based on Applied Behaviour Analysis, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Family Counseling, Psychiatry, Neurofeedback, and other bio-medical interventions where appropriate.
Ironically, the key to our “one-to-one” intervention program is TEAM WORK! Each service provider and parent has an opportunity to teach something small to a child through every 1-1 interaction. However, when all of these small teachable moments are deliberate, well planned, and sequential, the child’s growth is MULTIPLIED!
Pivot Point’s full service “One-Stop-Autism-Shop” structure makes us an ideal choice for most families because we set-up, deliver, and monitor all services provided to a family. This means that:
- Parents DO NOT need to interview, hire, train, and supervise staff: We do that for you!
- Parents DO NOT need to become ’employers’ (remitting EI, CPP, income tax, and abiding by Revenue Canada and the Employment Standards Act of BC): We do that for you!
- All of our staff are trained in therapies of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA).
- All of our 1-1 services are “self-scheduled”, and delivered in family homes or our clinics; making them convenient and easy to access.
- All Pivot Point programs are evidence based and fully compliant with BC’s Autism Funding Programs.